There are many benefits to refilling your cartridge. Not only are you saving money but also doing your bit for the environment. Having you cartridges refilled is one of the best money saving options in the market.
- Conserve costs with refill quality on par with that of OEM’s
- Just think on an average, an empty ink or toner cartridge can be reused between eight to ten times if carried out by experts right from first refill
- Inkjet and laser cartridges, sitting in landfills, will be around for at least 10 centuries
- If, in the next seven years, everyone saved their inkjet and laser cartridges from landfills, a bridge could be built from the Earth to the moon measuring 358,884 kilometers
CartridgeWale is fully aware of the impact that throwing away empty cartridges has on the environment. This is why we not only like to emphasise the money saving benefits of recycling your cartridges with CartridgeWale but also aim to highlight the positive impact cartridge recycling has on the environment.
Did you know?
- The plastic used in a typical cartridge is made of engineering grade polymers and takes at least 1000 years to decompose (Recharger Magazine 08/02)
- Worldwide – every year more than 1 billion ink cartridges are used – most are thrown away (www.recycling.com 2004)
- 90ml of oil is used to produce each inkjet cartridge (Recycler Magazine 05/03)
- Roughly 3.5 litres of oil are needed to make one new laser cartridge (Recycler Magazine 05/03)
- Half a gallon of oil is conserved for every laser cartridge returned (Note – Oil is a non renewable fossil fuel which cannot be remade) (Recharger Magazine 02/04)
- Carbon based gas is a major cause of global warming. Inkjet cartridge recycling helps reduce carbon emissions as well as to conserve resources and reduce waste (Recharger Magazine 02/03)
- Stacked end to end, cartridges thrown away in one year would cover a distance of over 24,000 miles (enough to circle the earth) (Recharger Magazine 08/02)
- A significant part of cartridges are made up of plastic and it is estimated that 4% of oil is produced annually across the globe is used as a raw material for production of plastics – therefore the reuse of cartridges signifies a considerable gain for the environment (Recycler Magazine 09/03)
How can you help to recycle?
Bring your empties to CartridgeWale to be refilled!
However, if you do not want to recycle your empty printer cartridges by refilling, CartridgeWale will still collect your empties so they can be refilled and sold to those who would like to help the environment. Please drop your empties in to your nearest store today.
What do you do with your empty printer cartridges?
CartridgeWale strives to encourage more businesses to recycle their empty cartridges and is offering local schools, offices, clubs, the healthcare sector and many more organisations the chance to participate in giving something back to the environment (and their business!).
CartridgeWales Business Accounts
Start saving and open a business account today! By placing one of CartridgeWale’s recycling bins in your workplace, CartridgeWale will come and collect your empty cartridges, remanufacture and return them back to you within 24-48 hours during which time your cartridges will have been fully cleaned, refilled and tested to guarantee 100% printing quality – all at no extra charge! – All you need to do is pick up the phone and arrange a collection.
Or if you just want CartridgeWale to dispose of your empty cartridges, we will collect your recycling bins once full!
Contact for details